Frequently Asked Questions
What are the additional costs outside the purchase and delivery of the home? There are many factors that contribute to additional costs, for example the size of the home and where the home is being relocated too. We recommend obtaining quotation from your local service provider for electricity Energex/Ergon, local plumbers and builders for firm pricing. For a rough estimate to work off
- Re connection of Electricity $4000- $8000 (this will depend on if it is a residential or rural block, for a rural block you will need to pay more if it isn’t a standard connection please refer to Energex website for further information )
- Re connection of Plumbing $8000- $10,000.00 (this will depend on the size of the home, distance from the main sewer line and how many fittings)
- Septic System $8000 – $10,000 (this will depend on what type and size of unit you require and the location)
- New Stairs Timber Low set $3000 High set $6000
- New Steel Stairs Low set $2000 High set $4800
- Cyclone Proofing (Top and Bottom plate Tie Downs) $5000 (depending of the level required according to your wind rating it may be a lot higher)
- Build plans, Engineering, Energy Efficiency report, Council/Certification fees etc $10,000.00
- Bush Fire Assessment $400-$2000 (Not all sites will require this please speak to your certifier for clarification)
- New Roof $8000 – $10,000.00 Depending on the size of the home
- Surveyor $1000 – $2000 ( You will need to have a surveyor peg out where your house is to be positioned on your block, the is critical on small blocks where the house is being placed on the front or side boundaries)
- Asbestos Removal – we charge $40 per square meter to remove
- Concrete slabs/Renovations/Extensions/ $TBA from your builder
Can you relocate my home or a home I have purchased privately? Yes we sure can, we not only relocate the homes we sell also relocate homes that our clients have purchased them selves or their beloved family home.
How far do you travel? We will travel any where within Queensland and New South Wales. There are additional costs to travel after the 100 kms included in the price. We charge a per km rate travelled over the first 100kms, the rate is determined by how many sections of house are being transported. The extra km rate is to cover the cost of the police escorts and the pilot vehicles which for long trips are very costly.
Are there additional costs to travel to NSW? Yes, this is mainly due to New South Wales having different road restrictions to Qld. In Qld we are able to travel in one section sometimes up to 10m wide. In NSW we are restricted to 5.5 – 6m wide. This unfortunately means that the house your are wanting to transport will need to be cut into smaller sections and will incur additional fees.
What’s included in the listed price? All of the prices that are listed on our homes include delivery and stumped within 100 kms of our storage yard. After the first 100 kms it is a per km rate whether the house be one piece or a two piece move. If it is a one piece move it is $33 per km after the first 100 km and $45 per km if two pieces. Stumped low set is a depth of 600mm and a height of 600mm in one section, and a height of 900mm for houses travelling in two sections.
Can I go high set? Yes, the height of stumps is your choice, however the price will vary depending on engineers specifications outlaid on your plans. If you are wanting to build in underneath in can be at a cost of roughly $10,000 – $20,000.00.
What other services can Mackay & Sons provide? We can assist you with Earth moving, obtaining Building and demolition approvals, roof tie-downs and Asbestos removal.
How long does the process take? Once you have selected a house, you will require a building approval prior to moving the house to site. Depending on the council, it can be as little as 1 month although normally about 3 months to obtain a building approval. When the building approval has been issued the road permits are applied for, and the permit is usually issued within 14 working days. Then your house can be moved to your site.
What would be my first step? We would suggest you contact us and request we do a block inspection to ensure that your block is suitable for a removal home. As well as make contact with your local council to enquire wither you are able to place a removal home on your block.
Interested? Contact us today.