Houses For Removal Process


Buying a Removal Home Process Step by Step

Step 1

Purchase and secure land.

  • Arrange finance for the removal home, for more information on finance please talk to your lender or broker. Please contact us if you are having trouble securing finance with your current lender.
  • Make sure your local council will allow a removal dwelling onto your property, find out your councils bond amount and if they allow homes into their region that contain asbestos. Most timber homes built pre 1980’s contain some asbestos. We are licenced asbestos removalist and can organise a quote to have all the asbestos removed from your home if you wish.
  • Check the Bush Fire Rating for your land. If it is a high rating investigate if you are able to reduce the rating by clearing vegetation.
  • If your block of land is rural, another critical aspect when choosing land is to ensure that utilities can reach the area. For example, are sewers and water pipes accessible? Is electricity available? These are all vital factors that must be considered when purchasing land for relocatable homes.

Step 2

Find a suitable home. Some things to take into consideration

-The width and length of the home, if it will fit onto your block

-The size of the home, if it is a second dwelling on your land most councils have square meter size restrictions on the house that you can relocate as the second dwelling.

Engage tradesman/builder to give you a building report/quotes prior to signing a contract – All our houses are sold in ‘AS IS’ condition it is your responsibility to investigate the overall condition of the home. (Similar to purchasing a house and land and obtaining a building report)

Upon going to contract on a home with us, we will perform an onsite/block inspection to make sure we are able to relocate your home to your block and advise you what works need to be done to your block. This is completed normally within 5 working days upon signing a contract with us.

Our contracts are broken down generally into 4 payments:


Prior to removal



 *Please note that our contracts are only subject to council not allowing you to place the removal home on your block. We require written evidence from council that they will not allow you to place the removal home that you have purchased on your block. Once this is provided we will refund your deposit minus a $1500 admin fee. 

Step 3

Engage a Building designer/Engineer to provide you with a full set of plans including a soil test. This will normally cost between $4000 – $6000* for a complete set of designs, soil tests, engineering to the plans, plumbing schematics and Energy Efficiency report.

Your building designer/engineer will draw plans for any renovations or extensions that you are planning, planning of greywater/ bio cycle, they can also include energy efficiency into your plans.

*Price depends on if you would like your house Low or High set, if your are wanting to add rooms or build in underneath etc.

Full Set of plans includes:

-Site Plan

-Foundation Plan

-Plumbing schematic drawing, plumbing fixtures and piping

-Soil Tests

-Floor Plans


Step 4

Once you have a full set of plans you can then contact a building certifier who will put through your application to council for a Building Application. This will normally cost between $2000 – $7000. That price includes all council lodgement fees. We understand how daunting it can be to organise the building approval, we are here to help assist you at no additional charge, please let us know, once you have engaged us if you would like assistance.

 “Building approvals: Before starting construction on most building work a building permit is required. This can be obtained from a building certifier. The building permit will state which inspections are required and what must be inspected. The building certifier who issued the permit is responsible for carrying out these inspections. Building certifiers must be registered with the Building Services Authority (BSA) as accredited building certifiers. For enquirers about whether a building permit is required, how to apply for a building permit or the standards applicable to building work contact a building certifier.

 ”A building certifier is responsible for assessing whether proposed building work complies with the Building Act and associated standards. The building certifier who issued the building permit must also carry out certain inspections to determine if the building work complies with the approval.”

Step 5

It is normally about a 3 month turnaround to obtain the building approval from council although it can be obtained sometimes as quickly as 1 month. Once your private certifier sends us through the Building Approval we can then apply for our road permits which take about 14 working days. Your house can then be scheduled for removal.

Step 6

Once you house is delivered and stumped you can then have your tradesman reconnect power and plumbing.


-Electricity budget around ($4000 – $6000*)

-Plumbing budget around ($8000 – $10000*)

*price may vary depending upon location and condition of the home, and final sewerage plans

Other additional costs

-Bond amount required by your local council

“Owners are required to pay a bond to ensure that submitted and approved plans are adhered to and all nominated work is completed.  The amount of bond varies with each council.  Bonds can be secured with cash, but more often a bank guarantee can be used.  These, however, can take some time to set up so it is a good idea to discuss the payment of this bond with your financial institution.”

-Additional stumping costs

A stumping allowance is included in our price, houses are stumped on 75x75x SHS Super Gal Columns, in a 450mm wide hole, to a depth of 600mm and a height of 900mm above ground.  A preliminary quote is provided on receipt of draft plans. Upon receipt of council approved plans a comparison between the two sets of plans are made, if any amendments are made to drawings the client will be advised. A final contracted price will be issued based on final council approved plans.

To stump the home to highset (2.7m) is approx. $10,000.00 -$14,000.00 depending on how many stumps are needed. If you require extra steel work to be able to build in underneath our house, we can provide you with a quote once you have foundation plans.

-Extra kms over the first 100kms included (Our house prices included relocation up to 100kms, We do travel outside the 100kms at an extra cost per km. For single pieces it’s an additional $35 per/km or two piece shift is $50 per/km. Houses travelling in 2 sections will be re-joined then stumped and all roofs are re pitched.)

-Transportation of houses to New South Wales. Houses travelling to or through New South Wales must be cut into smaller sections, this is due to New South Wales Main Roads having smaller road width restrictions than Queensland.

-Earthworks to your land

-Re roofing of your house and cyclone proofing

-Crane/Tow truck fees (Should your block pose problems in us being able to place your house in your desired position, we may need to employ the services of a winch truck/crane company. This will be determined at the onsite inspection which normally occurs within 5 working days from contract being signed.)

-Additional costs to Russel Island and Macleay Island, including barge fee and additional costs of concrete to the islands


For more information on removal process:


                                                                                                 “Remember… We specialise in the most complicated jobs.”